I am a full-time Systems Administrator by day and IT consultant by night, apart from my full-time job I do IT consulting for companies with growing technology needs.
What makes you different from other information technology consultants?
A lot of IT consultants and departments work off of a break/fix model, this means that when something breaks they show up to fix it. I don’t like this model and neither do you. The break/fix model exists because of systems that break frequently or easily that only certain people know how to fix. This situation is not a technology problem it’s a business one that IT consulting businesses capitalize on heavily claiming to have hidden or special knowledge that holds your system’s uptime hostage.
So how do you fix the break/fix mentality/model? My strategy for not ending up in a break/fix system is as follows.
- Fix things once, for everyone, the first time (*if possible)and avoid band-aids like the plague.
- Stop doing things that don’t work: This used to be the mantra hanging on the wall at Bell Labs, its the hardest step most of the time.
- Don’t build things that you think will break.
- Documentation: as a customer, you will have access to a full set of up-to-date documentation when something breaks I’m committed to giving you the fix, whenI do patches, make changes, or update services you have all the notes. My documentation should be so good that if at some point I get hit by a bus you have everything you need to go to the next guy.
- My Goal: The one driving force behind my work is I want the ability to step away, visits from me should be rare and hopefully a friendly check-in to ask what other business technology needs I can meet if any.
My specialties include:
Server- configuration, installation, and management.
Cloud Services- configuration, migration and management.
Network- configuration, installation and management.
If you need help building a technology foundation for your business click the Contact button in the menu above.